Work for Vanguard!
Are you talented, motivated and looking for an opportunity to grow your career? Enjoy working as part of a team?
Consider working at Vanguard.
We connect leading employers with talented job seekers in accounting and finance, admin, graphic design and professional. We could use your help!
- Be part of a team – we’re like family!
- Work with knowledgeable, caring coworkers
- Earn a competitive compensation package
- Increase your skills and advance your career
We have three great offices – NYC, Darien, and Stamford, CT. Take a look below at our current job postings or submit your resume.
Account Manager – NYC OFFICE
Account Executives wanted to bring a fresh face to building sales and business development opportunities
Vanguard Staffing, a NYC –based staffing agency, has been in business since 1970 and remains a leader in the sourcing and placement of Administrative/Clerical, Accounting/Finance and Creative staff in the metro NYC area. We are a privately-held firm with an emphasis on human capital throughout every phase of our development and our continued growth depends on our ability to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to our team. We have opportunities for a few dynamic, hard-working individuals to join us and continue this rich legacy.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Open to new approaches and training for the staffing industry
- Utilize social media to source potential clients plus day to day networking in social settings
- Keep your finger on the pulse of emerging trends and business developments
- Ability to make a multitude of cold colds per day and keep smiling
- Attend client meetings, make succinct presentations
- Interact with clients on all levels
- Aptitude to communicate concisely with placement team and clients
- Develop long term client relationships and satisfy the client’s needs
- Efficient time manager, extraordinary follow up skills and documentarian of daily progress of existing and potential accounts
- Ambitious to facilitate and reach goals plus the talent to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and take direction from seasoned performers
- Be a listener, apprentice and inquirer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Patience and the aptitude to learn new software
**RECENT GRADS WELCOME**
Placement Manager/Recruiter – NYC OFFICE
We’re a leading Midtown NYC Staffing Firm in search of recruiting professionals to join us in our Manhattan headquarters. Bring your enthusiasm, income motivation and desire for personal and professional development and we’ll mentor you into our team. We’re interested in flexible candidates who have the ability to work with many types of people. We specialize in finding top talent in the fields of Administrative & Clerical, Accounting & Finance and Creative & Marketing.
In this role you will be recruiting for all positions at the staffing agency. Your goal will be to recruit new candidates and maintain ongoing relationships with existing candidates and place them on assignments. To enhance your efforts, you’ll have at your disposal the support of our recruiting and sales team, and the confidence of working for a reputable firm that’s been in business for over 40 years. You’ll also have unlimited growth potential, rapid advancement opportunities, and competitive base pay.
- Place candidates on various temporary, temp to hire, and permanent positions
- Continuously recruit and source new candidates through job boards, LinkedIn, and other social networking sites
- Interview and qualify candidates through in person interviews, background screening and software evaluations
- Inform candidates of all their job assignment details
- Stay in communication with candidates and assist with resolving any issues that come up on an assignment
- Post positions on job boards and monitor all responses
- Work closely with Sales Account Managers on all open positions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with recruiting or human resources, internship experience acceptable
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Highly motivated
- Experience with Microsoft Office